We are a truly unique, small, rural 11-16 academy in the beautiful setting of North-West Worcestershire. Our pupils are happy, well behaved and proud of their school. The academy has a strong vein of moral purpose where the child is at the heart of all we do. We invest in our pupils and our staff to ensure all are supported to be the best they can be. We are one of the fastest improving schools in Worcestershire and were rated good (with outstanding features) in our most recent inspection.
We are looking to appoint to a newly created role to start in November. Wellbeing is a key value at the school and we are seeking a candidate to contribute to our provision for extra – curricular PE as part of our Covid recovery plan, using PE and sport to improve pupils’ physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. The academy requires a candidate who sees the best in children, can motivate them as well as build supportive, respectful relationships with young people.
As a PE Enrichment Co-ordinator you'll typically need to:
- Coordinate and lead afterschool clubs and fixtures
- Support the PE team with extra-curricular commitments across the week
- Lead planned sessions for pupils who have been identified as benefitting from specific tutoring in sport and physical wellbeing
- Discuss and help decide how identified needs will be addressed
- Implement strategies and support pupils in self-esteem and confidence-building activities
- Listen to pupils and help them resolve a range of issues that are creating barriers to their learning
- Mentor identified pupils; draw up agreed action plans with pupils, outlining the aims of the mentoring, and monitor impact
- Maintain accurate records and prepare written reports and evaluations
- Manage your own professional development through undertaking relevant training
- Develop strategies that raise student achievement, particularly our disadvantaged students, through mentoring
- Support pupils’ learning in the classroom
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with young people
- excellent communication and listening skills
- the ability to analyse problems and devise solutions
- assertiveness in dealing with pupils and fellow professionals
- determination to see problems and solutions through to the end
- the ability to empathise
- a non-judgemental approach
- organisation and time management skills
- the ability to relate to young people and adults and to build trust so that they can achieve their full potential
- the capacity to motivate and act as a role model
- negotiation skills
- flexibility and adaptability, as well as the ability to work well under pressure
- report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- a commitment to equality and diversity
- an understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- knowledge of, and a commitment to, safeguarding in schools.
We would encourage all prospective candidates to visit the academy to tour and meet with other members of the staff and our pupils. In addition, I encourage you to visit our website; take a look at our Facebook page and email our Principal, Vicki Dean, ([email protected]) if you have any specific questions.