Dates: Apply by Friday 22 October (12noon) - interviews by arrangement.
Job Start: ASAP.
Salary: £13562 (ACTUAL – at Grade 3, Point 6)
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
Contract type: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
The purpose of the Careers Assistant is to provide careers information and guidance to the Academy including administrative support to the senior member of staff in charge of CEAIG and advice to students from Years 7 to 11.
The role will also oversee the Academy Learning Resource Centre (Library).
The role will involve meticulous organisation, a positive approach to learning and engagement in staff training to support outstanding practice.
Applicants will be outstanding practitioners in their current role.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination to move the Academy to outstanding – currently Ofsted rated good.
- Support students to be the best that they can be.
- Be a dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
- Be flexible and support other areas of the Academy if required.
- Be a professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
- Be committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the Academy.
- Be driven, motivated, adaptable, resilient, reflective and have a good sense of humour.
- Have a good standard of education including GCSE (or equivalent) 4, or above in English and maths.
- Be familiar with and uphold safeguarding policies and willing to assist with medical and first aid requirements of the students.
- Complete a fully funded training course to Level 6 in Careers.
If you would relish the opportunity of working with us in our supportive and stimulating professional environment, then we would welcome your application.
- An enhanced disclosure and barring check will be a requirement of the post
Applications should be made directly at Jobs at Ormiston Academies Trust (oatcareers.co.uk)
Queries to Principal, Mrs Caroline Wilson
Interviews by arrangement week commencing 1 November 2021
For further information
Mrs C Wilson, (Principal), 01787 375131